Ever since I wrote the review post for the Philips QuickClean Juicer, I have had many people ask me whether or not I think buying a juicer is a good idea.
I completely understand your reservations, I was in the same boat as you up until a few months ago! In a world where we all have so much stuff, do we really need another appliance? Another thing to take care of? Is it really worth the investment?
I think so, but if you are feeling a little skeptical here are a few reasons why I think it’s a good investment…
10 Reasons to Buy a Juicer
- It’s the perfect meal replacement when you don’t have time to sit down and eat. Simply juice, drink and get someone else to wash the machine! Easy!
- Freshly squeezed juice is full of nutrients, vitamins and live enzymes.
- You are able to absorb more vitamins and minerals by juicing than eating whole fruits and vegetables. This is because fiber traps some of the nutrients however it is broken down in the juicing process. On a side note, fiber is important so make sure you are getting it from other sources.
- Juices allow you to “catch up” on any lost vegetable intake throughout the day. Didn’t have many veggies at lunch? Have a juice when you get home and feel less guilty. And let’s face it, we all have days like this from time to time!
- It’s impossible to eat a bunch of kale, a cucumber, three carrots & half a bunch of celery in one sitting, but you can drink them!
- Say good bye to buying vitamins, real foods are where it’s at! Most vitamins & minerals are found in veggies and whole foods. Ditch the multi vitamin and buy a juicer!
- It’s good to give your digestive organs a rest every now and then. We are eating all the time, give them some time off. This is especially important if you eat meat.
- Want to lose weight? Go on a juice fast like Joe Cross or Jason Vale.
- Don’t like eating beetroot but know it’s really good for you? Drink it instead and disguise the taste with the carrot.
- It makes you feel really good! There is seriously something special about freshly squeezed juice. It gives you energy, makes your skin glowy and keeps you hydrated! Why not give it a go?!
Question: What are your reasons for juicing?