I often get asked if I’m Italian. Perhaps it’s the hair or the fact that my new last name ends with an I? I’m not Italian but I do love cooking Italian food. Today I’m sharing a sugar free napolitana sauce I made on the weekend, feel free to add in veggies or any other ingredients if you are so inclined. Bon appetite!!
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 425g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon Natvia
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in pan and gently sauté the garlic until slightly browned.
- Remove from heat and add the rest of the ingredients including dried herbs.
- Return to the heat and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently until all the liquid has disappeared from the surface.
- Cook some spelt pasta and you are good to go!
Question: What’s your favourite pasta sauce?