Literally everyone at my work has been complaining how there is no good option for lunch in the area. They’re sick of one place, the other place is over priced, the next one is too busy yada yada yada. Let’s face it, buying lunch out everyday gets really boring plus you never really know what you’re eating. It’s food roulette at it’s worst. One day you might get a salad which is fresh and reasonably healthy, the next day you end up with a soup that has sugar and cream hidden in the ingredients. Don’t get me wrong, buying lunch out once in a while is not going to kill you and it can be a nice break from packing your lunch everyday but it’s worthwhile getting into the habit of packing yourself healthy lunches even if it’s only once a week to start off with. Your body and your wallet will thank you too!
These easy to make patties are perfect for throwing in your lunch box with a salad, they keep for serval days.
- 100g broccoli stems, diced or grated
- 100g zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced (about 100g)
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Natvia
- 1 can chickpeas
- Himalayan rock salt
- Coconut oil
- Rolled oats
- In a food processor combine broccoli, zucchini, onion and garlic until soft
- Transfer to a bowl, combine with ½ tin of diced tomatoes and all remaining ingredients
- Process or mash together
- Add rolled oats to bind if mix is too runny, use as much as you need
- Shape the mixture into patties
- Fry patties in coconut oil for 4 minutes each side or until golden brown
What do you take to work for lunch? Do you buy lunch often? What are your tricks for not being stuck with something unhealthy?