In less than 5 Weeks we’ll be married! I thought now would be a good time to reflect on the process of organising the wedding and the experience so far, it’s actually been pretty good and yes I’m really surprised by that! We get asked all the time why we decided to get married in Vegas, so in case you were wondering here is why…
1) We’re both from two different countries, Faiz is Canadian and I’m Australian. While Vegas certainly isn’t meeting in the middle (Hawaii would be the half way point but we’re not really beach people) it’s neutral ground for both parties.
2) I wanted a small wedding which makes a destination wedding an ideal choice.
3) A destination wedding means I get out of doing most of the planning- hooray!
4) Steve Wynn became vegan in 2010 and as a result the Wynn (where we’re getting married) has amazing vegan food.
5) All the Sydney locations looked too familiar, everything has been done before.
6) It doesn’t bother us spending a significant amount of money on our “wedding moon” because it’s going to be a whole month worth of experiences, not just 8 hours.
7) I’ve never been to Vegas and neither have any of our Australian guests.
8) If you’re getting married overseas you need to practice the art of detachment. You can’t be in 100% control when organising something from the other side of the world – It just won’t work!
9) Faiz wanted to go to Vegas for his Bachelor party anyway so in a way we’re killing two birds with one stone!
10) We’re young and we wanted to do something fun and different. As you can likely gather from my tone I’m fairly relaxed about the wedding. I was never that girl who dreamed of her wedding growing up, in fact it took us 9 months to set a concrete plan in place. Vegas just seems like a stress free and fun way to do it!
I’ll let you know in 5 weeks if my dream became a reality!
How was your wedding? Any tips can you share with me? We need all the tips we can get!
Did you love this post? Share, Like, Tweet and Pin it!