Faiz & I are in the middle The Ultimate Edge DVD set, by none other than the one and only Tony Robbins. I was hesitant at first to listen, I have enough mentors in Marie, Denise & Gabby thank you very much, can I really squeeze another one in?
Of course I can!
I could hardly miss out on all the educational and motivational insights. The biggest takeaway so far has been the importance of starting the day off on a positive note as your morning will dictate the rest of the day. And more importantly, to focus on the things you are grateful for and what you want to manifest into your future. The key phrase he uses really rings true: “where focus goes energy flows”. Therefore when you focus on being thankful and on your bright future, your energy and sub-conscious mind starts to align to give you positive momentum.
Under Tony’s wise instruction, this has been what we’re practicing this week.
- Waking up 45 minutes earlier, getting up and getting dressed straight away.
- We then begin walking while doing a breathing exercise. Four breathes in and four breaths out and repeating a positive affirmation between the in and out breaths. I have been enjoying saying I love my life or Everyday in every way I’m getting stronger and stronger.
- After 10 minutes we move onto listing everything we are grateful for, including friends, family, the fact we are in a position that we can buy a home, our up and coming wedding, or the fact it’s Friday!
- Next we imagine our future. We imagine how we would like our relationships, health, business, finances & emotional state to be in the future but imagining them in the present tense.
- Finally we visualise the day ahead, imagining our interactions & how we will feel in those situations…with a positive spin of course!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I’m not a morning person. The thought of having to get up any earlier than absolutely necessary makes me cringe! But this routine, WOW – it’s something special. I can’t remember ever feeling so happy, so awake, so inspired and so filled with love at 715am (usually because at 715 I would still be asleep but still!) Coming from someone who cherishes every moment of sleep – You have to try this!