One of the most common questions I get asked is how do you live without chocolate?
My response is always
Why would I live without chocolate?!
I love love love chocolate and would never ever give it up. I add raw cacao powder (the non refined version of chocolate with no nasty ingredients) to my smoothies and I bake and make many chocolately treats using cacao instead of chocolate. I also buy Loving Earth chocolate which uses coconut oil and cacao powder.
So there you have it, just because you’re eating healthy there is no need to give up chocolate!
And if you don’t believe that raw cacao powder can be even better than regular chocolate try this recipe..
Raw Chocolate Brownies
- 2 cups whole walnuts
- 2½ cups Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup carob powder
- ½ cup raw cocao powder
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Place walnuts in food processor and blend on high until nuts are finely ground
- Add carob, cocao and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Add dates one at a time through the feed tube of the food processor whilst running. What you should end up with is a mixture that appears like cake crumbs. Add more dates if the mixture does not stick together when pressed.
- Add chopped almonds to mixture and run food processor until mixed.
- Press into lined cake tin and place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container in a fridge.
These brownies are incredibly rich and dense and will convert the biggest chocolate lover (which could possibly be me!) There really is no need for sugar, dairy or even flour to make yummy brownies…
What is your favourite treat which is also healthy? Let’s list them below to show that being healthy doesn’t mean deprieving yourself!