Mum made this salad for us to eat on moving day. We ate in on my bed with a sea of boxes around us, while I was trying to find my lost jogger. To be honest, I could have eaten anything by lunchtime because I was so hungry, but it does taste really good and it’s super healthy too!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1½ cups water
- 1 carrot – peeled and grated
- 1 cob corn – steamed or raw. Remove kernels from cob
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 red or green pepper – diced
- 1 small zucchini – grated
- 1 handful of snow peas
- ½ cup raw cashews – optional
- juice of a lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- Soak the quinoa for an hour and rinse with lid until the water is not foamy.
- Transfer to a pot with a lid, add the water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove quinoa from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes to finish steaming.
- Fluff with a fork.
- When the quinoa has cooled, add to a mixing bowl with carrot, corn, parsley, capsicum, snow peas, zucchini, and cashews.
- Add the dressing and mix well.
- What are your thoughts on quinoa? I’ve only recently started using it regularly and so far I love it! Much better than polenta, which in my book wins the title of the most overrated again out there!