CABARRUS COUNTY, N.C. — Cabarrus County Well being Officers are asking residents to be further cautious after a rise in calls and considerations associated to gastrointestinal (GI) sickness or ‘abdomen bugs’.
For many individuals, it’s simple to recuperate from these kind of bugs. However kids, the aged, and people who are immunocompromised are in danger for extra severe issues. Officers say folks mustn’t go to long-term care services when sick.
Dr. Easterday is the Medical Director at Cabarrus Well being Alliance (CHA). He says the county noticed a spike in GI sickness instances final 12 months round March. This 12 months, they’re attempting to organize residents correctly and keep away from the excessive numbers.
“In 2023, we noticed the very best degree of GI sickness and norovirus throughout March, so we’re asking our group to assist us keep forward of sickness this 12 months,” Easterday mentioned. “Most individuals won’t want medical care and won’t be examined for norovirus, however we assume that’s what most individuals have if they’re vomiting, have diarrhea, or have nausea right now of 12 months.”
CHA says there are simple methods for everybody to remain wholesome throughout this time of the 12 months:
- Keep house if you happen to or somebody in your family is sick.
- Keep house for 48 hours after signs subside.
- Contact a physician if you happen to’re sick and your signs aren’t bettering.
- Companies with public areas ought to prioritize disinfecting and routine cleansing of high-touch surfaces to assist cease the unfold of germs.
- Workers ought to keep house from work in the event that they’re experiencing GI signs and shouldn’t return to work till 48 hours after their signs are gone.
For extra details about the Cabarrus Well being Alliance, click on right here.
(WATCH BELOW: Over 40 children have died from the flu this season, CDC says)
©2024 Cox Media Group
Adblock check (Why?)