NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – February is Nationwide Most cancers Prevention Month and the New Mexico Division of Well being says most cancers is answerable for one in 5 deaths within the state every year.
To assist reduce the danger of demise from most cancers, NMDOH encourages everybody to get screened for a number of the most typical forms of cancers together with, breast most cancers, cervical most cancers, colorectal most cancers and lung most cancers.
NMDOH offered the following tips to assist scale back the danger of getting most cancers:
- Preserve a wholesome weight
- Get at the very least half-hour of bodily exercise every day
- Keep away from nicotine
- Nutritious diet
- Cut back alcohol consumption
- Defend your self from the solar
- Get vaccinated for infections that enhance most cancers danger